Having a small bathroom can be a real pain. It’s already the smallest room in the house, and because of all the different things you often need to do in the bathroom, you need to get really creative with your storage and design ideas. Towel warmers play a big role in making a bathroom feel cosy and luxurious, and you definitely don’t want to compromise on this much-needed bathroom accessory. We discuss in this post ways to fit towel warmers in small spaces.
Wall-mounted towel warmers for small spaces
By using a wall-mounted towel warmer you are using a minimal amount of real estate in your bathroom. Not only that but wall-mounted towel warmers have a slick look and look great in a bathroom. But you still need to think about the size of the towel warmer so that it doesn’t take over your bathroom as many models are quite large. For small bathroom spaces it’s probably best to have a maximum width of 25 inches and a maximum height of 40 inches, but of course it depends on the exact space in the bathroom. Even better if it has a rack on top to store your towels. There are also models with a swivel-like design which is great for small bathrooms.
These are 3 models that we like for different reasons.
Warmrails HSRC Regent 25-Inch Wall Mounted Towel Warmer, Chrome Finish
This electric towel warmer is compact and is easy and simple to install.
- Dimensions: 19 inches (width) by 25 inches (height) by 5 inches (depth)
- Chrome finish
- Electric towel warmer, 50 watt, with 7 foot electrical cord
- Small compact dimensions
- Simple plug-in and installation
- Low energy use (50 watt)
Amba Wall-Mounted Towel Warmer with Shelf
This towel warmer is electric, using dry element technology. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the units to heat up. The integrated on/off switch with pilot light allows direct control of the unit. Rated at 150 watts, equivalent to a few light bulbs, they consume minimal power. Programmable timers can be added for additional control. These towel warmers have passed rigorous safety standards. They come with a 2-year warranty. Mainly though, we like this towel warmer for small spaces because of the shelf on top, allowing you to store your towels as well as warm them up.
- Item Weight 10 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 23.6 x 19.1 inches
- Color: Polished Chrome
- Finish: Nickel
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Included Components: Radiant Wall-Mounted Shelf – Polished Chrome Finish – RSH
- Horizontal and vertical bars that heat up – average temperature range up to 149 degrees
- Reduces humidity in the bathroom
- Has an integrated on/off switch on the unit and comes with a Plug and a hardwired kit
- Optional programmable timer can be added
- Shelf for towel storage
Hudson Reed Chrome & White Traditional Hydronic Towel Warmer 18.3″ x 36.8″
I really like Hudson Reed towel warmers. They look great in any bathroom and are of very high quality. They are hydronic towel warmers that provide a background heat, as well as keep your towels warm and dry. Made from durable, non-ferrous brass to ensure long lasting durability, this towel warmer connects to your closed loop heating system via the radiator valves, which are included in the price.
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 36.8″ x 18.3″ x 5.1″ (935mm x 465mm x 130mm)
- Output: 439 Watts (1,500 BTUs)
- Number of columns: 2 deep by 4 sections, in white period style
- High quality chrome-plated surround made from 1.25″ (32mm) brass
- Pipe Centres: 10.5″ (265mm)
- Floor to Centre of Tapping: 4.1″ (105mm)
- Wall to Centre of Tapping: 4″ (100mm)
- Wall to Valve: 3″ (110mm) (max distance)
- 5 Year Warranty
- Fixing Pack Included
- Angled radiator valves included
- High quality chrome-plated finish
Towel warmer cabinets for small spaces
Conair Home Therma Luxe Towel Warmer
If you have some shelf space, maybe below your cabinet, you can also use of the cabinet-style towel warmers. They don’t have the added bonus of heating up the bathroom but they do a great job at keeping your towels warm and toasty. The Conair Home Therma Luxe Towel Warmer is a great option for this. It is a nice and compact 13.2 x 14.2 x 14 inches, and weighs only 8 pounds. It’s compact enough to not take up a lot of space but big enough to store up to 2 large towels. The convenient 20-minute warm up time is great for your morning or evening showers. It is also portable so that you can easily move it around, maybe even use it in the bedroom or mudroom for keeping clothes warm.
If you already have a radiator
If you already have a radiator in your small bathroom, you might not even need to get a towel warmer. Your space is valuable so why not buy a towel rail that connects to your radiator? It’s a cheap and simple option, using existing fittings already in the bathroom. It might not look fancy but it gets the job done without any messy DIY and changes to your bathroom.